Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)
We have an immediate need for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team of professionals in this fast growing Energy Engineering business. The qualified candidate must be experienced in the design and engineering of commercial building HVAC systems and should be familiar with evaluating facilities and possess the ability to identify building operational issues as well as potential Energy Conservation Measures. Candidate will have the opportunity to work on various projects with HVAC systems and building operations including MEP design, commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy audits and building operations trouble shooting.
Global Facility Solutions offers commercial building engineering services with a focus on providing customers with Objective energy and facility solutions to help optimize building performance and reduce operating costs. Our customers are provided with a full range of services including MEP Engineering Design, Energy Auditing, Energy Retrofits, Retro-Commissioning Services, Commissioning Services, LEED Consulting & Energy Star Services, Utility Rebates & Energy Modeling and Construction Management Services. Our energy and engineering expertise is built on 30 years of industry experience. We primarily serve clients in the Commercial, Educational, Higher Education and Government marketplaces.
Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Global Facility Solutions is a privately held company that operates nationwide as an independent and objective solution provider.
The Candidate should possess at a minimum:
- Experience with the design and engineering of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems for the commercial and governmental markets including general office buildings, educational, laboratory spaces and healthcare markets.
- Experience with performing cooling and heating load calculations using Trane Trace 700 including building energy saving simulations.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating mechanical systems such as HVAC, motors, distribution systems, central plants and control systems. Knowledge of HVAC equipment such as chillers, air handlers and chilled/heating water distribution networks. Experienced with the design of refrigeration systems, fan and exhaust systems, air distribution, piping networks and control systems.
- Experience with and ability to develop design drawings from concept through construction documentation using AutoCAD.
- U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience working with HVAC design engineering.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), AutoCAD by Autodesk, Trane Trace 700 Software
- PE registration or the ability to obtain a PE in the future
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Some overnight travel is required.
Submit your resume in confidence to: HR@gfsolutionsllc.com